5 October 11:30 - 15:30 IST
TU Dublin City Campus, Aungier St & Grangegorman, Dublin, Ireland
Welcome to the Business/IT/Law/Languages/Hospitality/ Tourism/Culinary Hybrid Careers Fair!
This year’s fair will be a HYBRID EVENT which will give you the opportunity to meet employers face-to-face at our on-campus events, as well as the ability to research and connect with employers virtually via our Graduateland platform.
Whether you are planning to attend on-campus and/or virtually, we ask you to register above and update your profile!! It’s important to note that employers will be able to view your profile and make direct contact with you. So, make sure your profile is fully complete and upload your CV as this may encourage employers to reach out to you.
This event will be primarily targeting students of: BUSINESS (Business Studies, Management, Accounting & Finance, Marketing, HRM, Business Analytics, Retail & Services, Mathematics, Logistics & Supply Chain) & LANGUAGES, IT (Computer Science, Computing, Computer/Communications Engineering, Networking, Cloud, Data Analytics); HOSPITALITY (Management, Events, Leisure); TOURISM (Management, Marketing); CULINARY; LAW
However, many of these employers will also have opportunities open to all disciplines!
CAREER FAIR TIMES/LOCATIONS:
ON-CAMPUS: Open to students from 12:30pm – 2:30pm:
VIRTUAL FACILITY: Our Graduateland platform will be LIVE on the day from 11:30am – 3:30pm for 1-1 chats and meetings with employers. However, we will be opening the event ‘lobby’ to students at least a week in advance of the fair which will allow you to research the employers attending and all the information about their companies/opportunities.
If you are unable to attend the on-campus careers fair, you can engage with employers through the 1-1 chat facility on the Graduateland platform. Some employers will also have online video conversation slots that you can book.
Your Day Planner/Schedule on Graduateland (the little calendar icon on the right-hand side of your screen) will allow you to keep track of any video chats you have booked or indeed any online presentations you have registered for.
GET FAIR READY!
To get the most from the fair it can be helpful to do a little bit of advance prep such as:
· Do a little research on the companies you are interested in, in advance by checking out their profiles and their websites. Remember to check out companies attending that are new to you as they may just have your ideal job on offer! Also remember that companies attending are planning their recruitment many months ahead, so they understand that you may have yet to complete your studies!
· Think about any questions you might like to ask employers to help you learn more about the organisation.
· Prepare to make a good first impression by planning a brief introduction; be ready to tell the employer what you are studying, what are your key interests and skills and what kind of role are interested in. Whilst attending a fair is not a job interview, it is always nice to make a good first impression!
· Attend one of the fair prep workshops offered by the Career Development Centre in September/October.
· Check out the CV preparation resources on the Career Development Centre website HERE.
· Check out some of the short Virtual/Hybrid Fairs prep videos HERE.
· To access the platform, log in using Chrome or Firefox browsers. Other browsers are not supported.
· On the day of the event, simply log in from either a desktop, tablet, or mobile phone and start exploring opportunities and meeting employers. Downloading the Graduateland Events App will prove very useful!
· Each employer will have an individual QR code on their on-campus stand which you can scan to view their online profile and connect with them on your phone or other devices
SEE YOU THERE!
Don't miss out on this once in a year's chance to learn more about the opportunities out there for you! Acting today could secure your future graduate job.